When you are experiencing any form of disability, it can be very hard to access the services and resources you need to help you live the life you want to live.
This is where our FREE Touchpoint service comes in.
We offer one-to-one support for disabled people to help you achieve your individual goals.
Who we work with
Touchpoint could be the right service for you if:
- You feel yourself to be disabled because of a physical or sensory impairment, mental health issues, deafness, learning disabilities, neurodivergence and/or long-term conditions, and
- You live, study or work in the borough of Barnet, and
- You are finding it hard to access the support or resources you need to live the life you want to live.
If you’re not sure what type of support you need, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll be very happy to discuss this with you.
What we do
Our aim is to work with you to:
- Understand the goals you’d like to achieve
- Identify the local services and/or community resources that could help you achieve those goals
- Overcome the barriers you’re facing to accessing those services and resources so you feel able to confidently access them independently.
When we talk about barriers, we simply mean anything that is getting in the way of you accessing what you want to access. Barriers are often different for different people and can include anything from a lack of wheelchair access or appropriate materials, to challenges with communication or confidence.
At Touchpoint, all our staff have their own experience of living with disability, so whilst they are experts in understanding the barriers you might be facing, we recognise that everybody’s personal experiences are different. Our job is to work with you to overcome them.
If this sounds like the right service for you or someone you know, please complete our referral form by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page. We accept self-referrals and professional referrals.
If you have any questions at all about the service, or have any issues completing the referral form, please do call us on 0203 475 1306 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more?
Have a look at our short video, explaining what Touchpoint is and how we might be able to help.