When you are living with any form of disability, it can be very hard to access to the services and resources you need to help you live the life you want to live.
This is where Touchpoint comes in.
Who we work with:
Touchpoint could be the right service for you if:
- You feel yourself to be disabled because of a physical impairment, mental health issues, deafness, learning disabilities, and/or long-term conditions, and
- You live or work in the borough of Barnet, and
- You are finding it hard to access the support or resources you need to live the life you want to live.
If you are already accessing on-going support from Adult Social Care (for example you live in supported housing) or have an NHS Care Coordinator, this won’t be the right service for you.
If you’re not sure what type of support you’re receiving, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll be very happy to discuss this with you.
What we do:
Our aim is to work with you to:
- understand the goals you’d like to achieve
- identify the local services and/or community resources that could help you achieve those goals
- overcome the barriers you’re facing to accessing those services and resources so you feel able to confidently access them independently.
When we talk about barriers, we simply mean anything that is getting in the way of you accessing what you want to access. Barriers are often different for different people and can include anything from a lack of wheelchair access or appropriate materials, to challenges with communication or confidence.
At Touchpoint, all our staff have their own experience of living with disability, so they are experts in understanding the barriers you might be facing, and at thinking of creative ways to work with you to overcome them.
If this sounds like the right service for you or someone you know, please complete our referral form by clicking on the button below.
If you have any questions at all about the service, or have any issues completing the referral form, please do call us on 0203 475 1306 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Touchpoint during Covid-19 pandemic
Our Touchpoint Service is still up and running!
However, we are operating a bit differently in order to follow government guidelines and do our best to protect our customers and staff.
What has changed?
We’re currently only providing face-to-face appointments in an emergency and our face-to-face groups with staff and volunteers have been suspended. However, we’ve found that we can still effectively provide our service via phone, video-call, and email for the time being.Complete Online Referral