We are looking for adult residents of Barnet who are currently using any of the council’s social care services. We want them to play a key part in improving adult social care in the Borough.
There are THREE main things that we hope the project will achieve:
- User-led research that learns about people’s experience and ways to improve that experience.
- Show that involving users in local decision-making is effective, good for users and should be ongoing.
- Produce a toolkit that will help Barnet Council and other organisations to include users when they make decisions about the services they provide.
Involving users in the design of services for them is often called co-production.
We start as we mean to go on.
So, we are looking for people over the age of 18 who use either residential or in-home social care services from the Local Authority and who would like to be considered for membership of The Co-Produced Support Project Steering Group.
Steering Group members will be volunteers who meet four times a year to give advice to the project. For the moment we will be meeting virtually. When it is safe to meet in person, travel expenses will be paid.
The steering group will provide advice and guidance to the project lead at Inclusion Barnet at every stage of the project.
They will be thinking about things like:
- How should the steering group work?
- What questions are important to ask adult social care users? What do we need to find out?
- How can we make sure everybody learns from what we find out?
- Making sure the London Borough of Barnet involves users going forwards.
- Making sure that the most important things we find out are shared widely across London.
We want people that use adult social care services to have their voices heard and acted upon.
We know that your time is precious, and we will make every effort to make sure that the experience of being involved is clear, useful and respectful.
If you are interested in being involved, please contact the project lead Banos Alexandrou
Mobile: +44 7719 105247
Switchboard 020 3475 1314
Banos Alexandrou (he/him)
Banos joined Inclusion Barnet in March 2021 to lead our co-produced adult social care research and campaigning work.
Banos has over twenty-five years of undertaking social and market research for clients in the public and private sectors, with an emphasis on health service policy development.
Banos has a Masters degree in Social Research Methods and is always looking for innovations in how to approach research to inform better policy. Particularly in how to embed user led research and stimulate user led policy making.