The Healthy Heart Peer Project
Welcome to our Healthy Heart Peer Support Project
If you are part of an African, Caribbean or South Asian community you have a higher risk of suffering from high blood pressure, hypertension or cardiovascular disease.
Our peer support programme will offer you the chance to meet other people from your community who share the same risks as you do. By connecting with other people, sharing your experiences and learning together you can make changes to improve your heart health and maintain it.
We want to help you…
- Understand the risks of high blood pressure
- Learn how to monitor your blood pressure
- Access support to manage your blood pressure
How will we do this?
- You can join four weekly, free in-person support groups where you hear via video from doctors, nurses and nutritionists about how to manage your blood pressure and overall heart health
- We offer one-to-one sessions with our peer supporter workers, specially trained people from your community who have lived experience of the challenges you face, who can help you set personal goals to improve your heart health and support you while you make those changes
- We provide a confidential and safe space at our regular face-to-face sessions at:
- The Centre of Excellence, The Concourse, Colindale, London NW9 5XB (Tuesdays, 2-4 pm)
- The West Hendon Hub, Gladwell House, Perryfield Way, Hendon, NW9 7DZ (Wednesdays, 11-1 pm)
- We will also offer some online support groups for those of you who can’t join us in person
- We provide bespoke paper-based information about looking after your heart, how to monitor your blood pressure correctly and how to prevent high blood pressure
How do I get involved?
You can connect with Healthy Heart by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 3475 1316.
Or you can be referred by any voluntary, community or statutory group who can sign up on your behalf if you have given them your permission.
Email us at: email@example.com
Phone us: 020 3475 1316
Text us (Mon-Thurs 9 am-5 pm): 07719 105534