Inclusion Barnet is looking for volunteers to support our library services in East Barnet and South Friern! These libraries will be delivered in partnership with Barnet Council. Why not join our welcoming team and run a fantastic community service?
You will gain:
- Great skills for your CV
- Opportunities to meet new people
- The chance to support your local community
- Full training for the role
- Group and individual supervision meetings to support you
- Reasonable travel expenses
So why not join us as a Library Volunteer or Volunteer Activity Co-ordinator?
What would I do as a Library Volunteer?
- General library duties: such as to process book reservations and returns
- Help people find and use library resources
- Help people get online
- Refer people to our Wellbeing Hub and local services. This helps people engage in community activities, such as sport, volunteering and sources of help.
What would I do as a Volunteer Activity Co-ordinator?
- Lead or support a social group or activity, particularly with children e.g. rhyme time
- Be a supportive role model
- Prepare interesting activities, taking the register and payments where needed
- Ensure cover is in place when an activity leader is not available
How to volunteer with us
- Inclusion Barnet is committed to promoting an inclusive society, and we are very keen to have volunteers from all sections of the community
- We ask each Library Volunteer to spend at least 4 hours per week volunteering, but you can volunteer for as long as you like
- We ask each Volunteer Activity Co-ordinator to spend at least 1-2 hours per week volunteering.
- All volunteers will need to pass a DBS check before starting.
Please do get in contact with Androulla at email@example.com to ask any questions and to arrange an informal chat. Feel free to call her on 020 3475 1313. We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome you to our library team!
Library locations and opening times (from April 2017)
East Barnet library 85 Brookhill Road, Barnet, EN4 8SG
Open: Tuesdays 10am – 1pm; Thursdays 2pm – 8pm; Fridays 2pm – 5pm; Saturdays 9am – 12pm.
Closed: Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
South Friern library: Colney Hatch Lane, London N10 1HD
Open: Tuesdays 2pm – 8pm; Wednesdays 10am – 1pm; Thursdays 10am – 5pm; Saturdays 2pm – 5pm.
Closed: Mondays, Fridays and Sundays.